A Conversation With Katie Marie: In Demand Producer, Singer/Songwriter, and Multi-Instrumentalist
In this episode, Luke O’Kelley talks with producer, singer/songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist Katie Marie.
Katie Marie is a U.K. native and a resident of Austin, TX. She has been in the industry for 25 years, and has toured across the U.S. and Europe and separated herself as a session musician, producer, and songwriter. She’s had her songs placed on BBC, ITV, Nickelodeon, CBS and EvineLive.
Katie is endorsed by Takamine guitars, L R Baggs, Schlagwerk Percussion and Logarhythm stomp boxes.
In this episode Luke and Katie discuss:
– Music education
– Her journey as a multi-instrumentalist
– Her move from the U.K. to Austin, TX
– The Austin music scene
– Her beginnings in recording
– Developing talent before developing a brand
– Leaning into your strengths
– Her success with livestream shows
– Overcoming stereotypes as a woman in music
– Her bucket list client
– Her favorite gear
– Tips to younger musicians
The music in this episode includes:
“To New Beginnings” – Harriet Reynolds (14:38)
“UT Anthem” – Nagavalli ft Candy Sanders (26:30)
“Reclaim Her Time” – Harriet Reynolds (50:58)
“I See You” – Nagavalli (55:45) (Unreleased)
Katie Marie produced, engineered, and peformed multiple instruments on these songs.
The background intro and outro music is by Athens, Ga based artist Daniel Hardin.